POSITION SUMMARY :
The business intelligence engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing data solutions using third-party and in-house developed tools in a generally structured data environment. The future environment will include more unstructured data formats. These activities include the architecture, acquisition, transformation, visualization, and analytics of data. The business intelligence engineer will work closely with stakeholders to deliver high quality, repeatable data driven solutions.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Perform logical and physical data modeling to support business intelligence initiatives.
- Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation and predictive models to drive or inform the business.
- Recommend and implement data quality improvement processes and initiatives.
- Develop Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes to acquire and load data from internal and external sources.
- Understand Key Performance Measures and Indicators that drive operational excellence.
- Build and manage the library portfolio of model metrics, documents, templates, reports, dashboards or other reusable BI assets, to understand day to day operations and drive key business decisions.
- Interact with business users or business analyst to gather reporting and analytic requirements, including partnering in development or providing training.
- Collaborate with developers, stakeholders and subject-matter experts to establish technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Partner with the infrastructure team to ensure n-tier or interdependent systems function in a high-performance manner.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art/industry relevant tools, techniques, and equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology (IT), or related field.
- 2+ years of experience with ETL technologies, as a Business Intelligence Engineer or comparable experience preferred.
- 1+ years data analysis and business intelligence experience.
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL) programming.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- General understanding, or experience in, cloud business intelligence offerings (Microsoft Azure, Google, Amazon).
- Familiarity with Agile development practices.
- Experience with or exposure to data analytic tools including PowerBI, Tableau, and similar
- Good analytical skills, detail oriented
- Strong communication skills.
- Good planning and organizing skills.