POSITION SUMMARY :
The business analyst understands the business and associated processes, suggests areas for improvement, and facilitates process automation. They will work closely with the business units and technology group team to address the tactical day-to-day aspects of discovering, validating, documenting and communicating business-process-related knowledge through modeling, simulating and analyzing current and future states. The business analyst ensures that changes to the process environment are carried out in a seamless fashion.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Confers with process owners within the business to analyze current operational procedures, identify areas for improvement, and offer possible solutions.
- Documents user needs, functions required, and steps needed to improve a process.
- Communicates and translates requirements effectively between business process areas and supporting departments (such as the technology organization).
- Reviews technology capabilities and workflows to determine if program or system changes are possible.
- Plans and prepares reports and instruction documentation as required.
- Models, simulates and enhances business process diagrams (for example, using a graphic-oriented business process analysis/modeling tools).
- Assists the Technology Group team with the preparation of time and cost estimates for completing projects.
- Determines the value of a change and assists with ROI analysis and reviews ROI estimates after implementation to validate solution effectiveness.
- Leads internal teams.
- Searches internal and external resources for pre-built models, templates and services to meet process needs.
- Performs continuous reviews to align processes (for example, models, goals, expectations) with changing business conditions.
- Maintains and shares process knowledge.
- Shows process stakeholders how to identify and solve process challenges through simulation of different scenarios, analysis of performance metrics and advanced optimization techniques.
- Bachelor degree – Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- Five years of process improvement experience; especially experience that leverages technology
Above average analytical skills.
- Innovative and detail oriented.
- Change agent, willing to challenge the status quo.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of business practices.
- Experience with process redesign methods (such as LEAN).
- Knowledgeable in designing and constructing business processes and their links to technology
Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Advanced planning and organizing skills.
- More interested in results than personal preferences.