POSITION SUMMARY :
The IT Enterprise Architect will work with business leaders and IT partners to develop the most cost effective, flexible, and scalable enterprise architecture to meet USV’s short-term and long-term requirements. The role of the Enterprise Architect is to design and implement enterprise systems and software architecture standards that support core organizational Infrastructure functions & applications, and assure their high availability, in accordance to and for promoting the USV IT Strategies. This overall strategy includes developing and optimizing all new and existing hardware, software, and communication links. In addition, the Enterprise Architect provides technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision through proof-of-concept activities. It supports all architectural disciplines and champions architectural initiatives supporting USV Enterprise Operating System (EOS).
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
Primary responsibilities of this position are related to translating the strategic requirements into usable, implementable enterprise architecture and oversight of the managed Suppliers who are responsible for the actual hands-on delivery of services. The individual who fills this role is responsible for managing outcomes and results. The primary responsibilities include:
- Leads programs to develop, maintain, and govern the enterprise architecture across the organization. Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains.
- Aligns architecture strategy with business goals. Collaborates with development teams, Enterprise departments to assist with IT strategy and roadmap planning and execution.
- Reviews existing business processes and establishes metrics to improve business processes, as well as support of all architectural disciplines under their direction. Leads the EA review board and ensures that the solutions are compliant with target-state architecture models.
- Leads the design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements. Leads in addressing enterprise-wide platform and technology requirements for applications.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with Enterprise Architecture, Technology Standards, and Disaster Recovery planning.
- Directs the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry, and market trends. Ensures recommendations are based on business relevance, appropriate timing, and deployment.
- Liaising, as necessary, with vendors and Suppliers to select the products or services that best meet company goals.
- Active contributor to IT Innovation Forum.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following experiences and expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering. 10+ years of relevant business/industry work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management, and infrastructure planning and operations.
- Leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Detailed knowledge of application development and testing tools, processes, standards, and best practices.
- Proven experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, network design, reporting structures, and so on.
- Excellent knowledge of the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics to help ensure best possible network architecting for these areas.
- Hands-on experience with network architecting.
ITIL certification preferred :
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills